Hi Families! We at PCI are so thankful to spend time with your children each Sunday morning. Make sure to pick up a “Take Home” sheet every week to see what they learned that day and to find out about upcoming family events. Here’s what they are learning this week…
Elijah is tired. He feels defeated, scared, and alone. God gives him rest and food and then speaks in a gentle whisper, addressing Elijah’s concerns. God is comforting, and he helps Elijah see that he’s not going to lose, he has nothing to fear, and he’s not alone. 1 Kings 19:1-18
Bible Point: God is comforting, so we comfort others.
Family Together Time
- Get comfortable! Put on your most comfortable jammies, gather a lot of pillows and blankets, and bring your favorite stuffed animals. (This might be a great bedtime activity!)
- Once you’re all comfortable, talk about problems or troubles your family has faced before. What did God do to comfort you in those times? (Remember, God may have used other people to bring you comfort.)
- Read 2 Corinthians 1:4 in the box above.
- Brainstorm together a way your family can comfort someone you know based on the comfort God gave you during your hard time.
- Do it! Comfort the person you discussed using the ideas you came up with.
“He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us” (2 Corinthians 1:4).