We are continuing to plan on live stream services for the next several weeks…now from the HOMES of our worship pastor and our senior pastor! To join the live stream, you can click on pacificchurch.com/live or if you prefer Facebook, you can go to the PCI Facebook page to watch. Look for the live stream message to watch on Sunday mornings, or in the left column you can go to videos, to see older services.
Also, if you would like more information about getting involved in an ONLINE LifeGroup, we have many groups meeting right now, most nights of the week. Contact: [email protected] for more information.
If you’re having trouble getting online, contact Allie: 949-322-4036
In accordance with County guidance, Governor Newsom’s most recent release, and our desire to limit everyone’s potential risk of exposure, we will hold ONLINE services only for the next several weeks. Here’s how you can get involved:
- Join us for the live stream this Sunday at 9:30 a.m. at: pacificchurch.com/live
- If you need assistance with setting up a live stream to watch/hear the service, we can help! We have a team of people who can loan you devices that are set up for streaming OR who can set up your devices in your own home with the ability to live stream.
- We will be setting up a Facebook group for prayer requests, questions, and sharing of needs. Once the group is set up, we will post instructions on how to join.
- We are preparing to take ALL of our Life Groups online for the next several weeks.
- If you are a Life Group leader, Pastor Mark will contact you to make sure you have what you need.
- If you are in a Life Group, you will receive an e-mail from your Life Group leader letting you know how to sign on.
- If you would like to join a life group, contact pastor Mark at 949-280-7895. Seriously, how much Netflix can you binge watch!?!
- If you want to help out with needs as they arise:
- To help with technology: Contact Allie at 949-322-4036
- To help with food/care: Contact Pastor Lance at 949-233-3703
Let’s continue to lift one another up in prayer!
“But he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.” -2 Cor. 12:9-10
A lot has changed in just the last few days, with increased limitations on the number of people that can meet together for “non-essential” purposes. Orange County Public Health issued what LOOKED like a “Shelter in Place” order, but several hours later the EOC Public Information officer issued a clarification that it was NOT meant to be that kind of notice. That OC businesses were to stay open (including churches) while practicing social distancing consistent with the Governor’s guidance.
What does that mean for us? Well, we’re not yet entirely sure. Here’s what we do know:
- We will NOT be having a public service this Sunday, or likely for the next several weeks.
- We WILL have a LIVE stream this Sunday, March 22, starting at 9:30am.
- It will have music, even if it is just one person
- It will have a message, even if it is just one person
- We have set up an online giving button at the top of the homepage, to make giving easier.
- If you don’t know how to watch a live stream, we will have people who are available by phone to help you!
- We WILL be setting up a way for people to communicate with one another, likely through an free app that can be installed on your phone.
- We WILL be setting up ways for small groups to meet, via Zoom or other online systems
- We WILL have assistance for those in our congregation who have needs.
- We WILL need the help of some of you, to enable us to meet those needs.
Unfortunately, we are still in a bit of a holding pattern, until we get further guidance from the county, on HOW we can do all of this. As soon as we know, we will pass the information along to everyone! Also, if anything changes, we will send out another update.
We love you all, and thank God for our PCI community!
“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” – Josh 1:9
There has been a LOT in the news about Coronavirus (COVID-19) over the last few weeks. We wanted you all to know what we are trying to do to address the issue in house. We have been utilizing SBC resources and training as well as CDC and CDPH websites to make sure that we are following current best practices for protecting public health.
- We have increased our janitorial services to include more sanitizing of doors/surfaces.
- We are providing our teachers and leaders with access to more supplies to ensure we’re disinfecting objects and surfaces as often as practical.
- We are asking staff and volunteers to adhere to strict hand washing policies, especially where our children are concerned.
- We are asking our employees and volunteers to stay home and use sick time if they are feeling ill.
As a reminder, in accordance with CDC suggested practices for any flu/virus season:
- Wash your hands often, for at least 20 seconds, using soap.
- Use hand sanitizer when soap and water are not available.
- Cover your mouth and nose if you cough or sneeze, preferably with your sleeve.
- Try not to touch your eyes and nose with your hands.
- If you are sick, stay home.
For now, we will continue to hold Sunday services at church. You may notice a few differences, including less open food by the coffee, a friendly wave from our greeters instead of a handshake or hug, a little more space between chairs, and more hand sanitizer available. It’s just our attempt at being good citizens to help minimize peoples’ exposure and get past this flu/COVID season as quickly as possible.
We want to worship God together as a community, without fear, and fellowship with one another on Sundays! However, if:
- Your kids are sick
- You are sick, or
- If you are higher risk (older/respiratory comprised), or work for/live with someone who is,
We would encourage you to join us for our Facebook live stream on Sundays until you feel better! You can access the live stream by visiting the Pacific Church of Irvine Facebook page, or by going to our website at: pacificchurch.com/live.
As a church body, we continue to pray for those who have been personally affected by flu/COVID-19, and for the many people whose lives and livelihoods have been disrupted as a result. No matter how challenging things seem, God is sovereign. As you interact with people around you, we encourage you to be light in the darkness by sharing the hope, peace, and eternal security that only Jesus offers.
Phil. 4:6-7 “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”